Join CHULS – Membership
With approximately 75 member Law Schools, CHULS is a learned society representing Law Schools across the UK. We provide a collaborative and collegiate forum for Heads of Law Schools to discuss and explore issues relating to the management of legal education and legal research. We work with other learned associations on matters of mutual interest, and represent our members with the legal professions, education regulatory bodies and other sectoral agencies.
Overview of what we do
As a learned society of law, we liaise with external bodies, including the legal professions’ PSRBs.
- We promote the public profile of Law Schools.
- We coordinate Law School representation on external bodies.
- We develop co-operation between institutions across the Higher Education sector within the United Kingdom and internationally.
- We provide an arena for discussion of issues relating to legal education, legal research and law school leadership.
- We organise and host professional development events and seminars on topics affecting legal education, legal research and law school leadership.
- We host an annual residential conference for Heads of Law Schools.
By joining CHULS, you will:
- Join a friendly and supporting national network of fellows Heads of Law Schools.
- Be invited to attend our annual residential event.
- Have access to a mentoring programme.
- Gain access to a JISCmail discussion forum for Head of Law Schools.
- Be invited to participate in regular professional development events on current issues within legal education and the management of law schools.
CHULS has a flat rate subscription rate of £295.00
How to join
If you have any questions on membership or the work of CHULS, please email email@example.com or reach out to a member of the Executive.
Below is a list of current member Law Schools:
Birmingham City University
Birmingham, University of
Bradford, University of
Bristol, University of
Brunel University London
Cambridge, University of
Cardiff, University of
Chester, University of
City University of London
College of Legal Practice
De Montfort University (DMU)
Dundee, University of
Edge Hill University
Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh, University of
Essex, University of
Exeter, University of
Hertfordshire, University of
Hull, University of
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
Kent, University of
Leeds Beckett University
Leicester, University of
Lincoln, University of
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool, University of
London, University of
Manchester Metropolitan University
Northampton, University of
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham, University of
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford, University of
Portsmouth, University of
Queen Mary University of London
Queen’s University Belfast
Reading, University of
Robert Gordon University (RGU)
Roehampton, University of
Royal Holloway University of London
Salford, University of
Sheffield Hallam University (SHU)
Sheffield, University of
Southampton, University of
St Mary’s University Twickenham
Stirling, University of
Surrey, University of
Sussex, University of
UEA (University of East Anglia)
University College London (UCL)
UWE (University of the West of England)
West London, University of
Westminster London, University of
Worcester, University of
York St John University
York, University of